Envision Geomatics 2014 will take place on November 12-13, 2014, at the Palais des Congrès de Gatineau. For this 4th edition of the event, OSGeo-Quebec joins forces with OSGeo-Ottawa and LocationTech to lead the open source / open data track of the two days conference program. We are looking forward to meet you there!
In addition to building on the success of the past editions, this year we introduce a few changes that promise to make it the best one ever:
- The event moves to a new venue in the Gatineau-Ottawa region, which is known to be a gravity center for geomatics in Canada, thanks to the presence of the federal government and several geomatics businesses. After 3 editions in the Saguenay region in 2008, 2010 and 2012, Envision Geomatics 2014 will take place on November 12-13 2014 at the Palais des Congrès de Gatineau.
- For this 4th edition of the event, OSGeo-Quebec joins forces with OSGeo-Ottawa and LocationTech to lead the open source / open data track of the two days conference program.
- The event is part of the international LocationTech Tour 2014
- The event will be bilingual, with talks in both English and French, in order to bring together attendees from both sides of the Ottawa river.
And finally, here are two pieces of last minute news:
- 5@7 on Tuesday September 16:
A 5@7 will be held on Tuesday September 16, 2014, at the Gainsbourg micro-brewery in Gatineau to present the event and unveil the program. There will also be a draw of a free conference registration for the two days of the event amongst the people present at the 5@7. For more details and to register for the 5@7 please visit https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/inscription-57-de-lancement-pour-visiongeomatique-au-gainsbourg-a-gatineau-12802581867
- Last call for open source presentations - 2 days left until September 4th
We are in the process of wrapping up the open source / open data track of the program and have room for a few more talks. So if you are involved in an interesting geospatial project that involves open data or open source software, this could be your opportunity to share your work with the community. Please get in touch with me directly via email (dmorissette at mapgears.com) by Thursday September 4th (yes, that's in two days!). Presentations are 20 minutes and can be either in English or French.
See you soon!